Enjoy a succulent fillet steak with a colourful array of tender stir fried veggies. Perfect for a speedy dinner which will leave you satisfyingly full.
You can mix up the veggies depending on the season – and what’s in your fridge! This is a great dish to top up your 5-a-day.
Prep and cooking time – 17 mins
Servings – 2
Calorie – 377 kcal
150 g beef fillet steak
1 red onion finely sliced
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 carrot peeled and cut into fine slices/ matchsticks
1 red pepper deseeded and cut into slices
100 g tenderstem broccoli
2 tbsp soy sauce
small handful coriander finely chopped
1 nest wholewheat noodles
1. Heat a frying pan with low calorie cooking oil and place over a medium heat.
2. Add the steak to the frying pan and cook to your liking – approximately 2-3 minutes per side for rare, 3-4 minutes per side for medium, 4-5 minutes per side for well done. Once cooked, remove from the pan and allow to rest while cooking the noodles and vegetables.
3. Place a pan of water on a high heat and bring to the boil. Cook the noodles for 5 minutes, stir occasionally. Drain when cooked and leave to one side.
4. While the noodles are cooking place the frying pan back on the heat add more low calorie cooking spray if required. 5. Throw in the red onion, garlic, carrot, red pepper and broccoli. Stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
6. Season the stir fry with the soy sauce and chopped coriander. Allow to cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Stir the cooked noodles into the vegetables.
7. Evenly divide the stir fry between two plates, slice the fillet steak and place on top of the stir fry and serve.
Calories 377kcal – Carbohydrates 40g – Protein 30g – Fat 12g – Saturated Fat 5g – Fibre 7g